The following is a list of major, international, national, and regional events coordinated by the members of PCPC3 and other prostate cancer-related organizations that are open to interested patients, caregivers, and prostate cancer advocates. If you are organizing or know of a major meeting or similar event that you would like to have added to this set of resources, please e-mail the PCPC3 sitemaster with relevant information.
- On October 2-4, the National Alliance of State Prostate Cancer Coalitions (NASPCC) will hold its 11th annual meeting in Chicago, IL. There are now regional prostate cancer coalitions in 30 states and the District of Columbia, with seven more under development.
- On October 8, the California Prostate Cancer Coalition, in collaboration with Us TOO International, will be coordinating a “special evening” in San Francisco, CA. … Secret details still to come!
- On October 17, the Prostate Conditions Education Council (PCEC) is coordinating a prostate cancer symposium in Philadelphia, PA, in concert with Thomas Jefferson University, featuring discussions with leading prostate cancer physicians, patients, and patient advocates. Call 1-866-4PROST8 for more information.
November (a.k.a. Movember) 2015
- In Movember each year the Movember Foundation coordinates a global fundraising initiative designed to have “an everlasting impact on the face of men’s health” — specifically inclusive of the strategic goal that “Men living with prostate or testicular cancer have the treatment and care needed to be physically and mentally well.”
- On November 13 a first of its kind Prostate Cancer Evidence Academy meeting — open to health professionals, patients, advocates, and caregivers — is being organized in Philadelphia, PA, by the University of Pennsylvania. Full details are available on the web site. Registration will be just $15.00 for patients, advocates, survivors, etc.. Staff from Prostate Cancer International will be presenting a workshop on patient education and advocacy issues.
- On November 14 and November 21 Us TOO International will be hosting “Community Conversations on Prostate Cancer” events in Coatesville, PA (near Philadelphia) and in Los Angeles, California, respectively.
- The 2016 Genitourinary Cancers Symposium, coordinated by the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), will be held in San Francisco, CA, on January 7-9. The first day and a half of the meeting is usually focused exclusively on prostate cancer. This is primarily a meeting for clinicians and researchers, but there is always a core of prostate cancer patients and advocates present.
- The annual meeting of the American Urological Association (AUA) will be held in San Diego, CA, on May 6-10. Extensive parts of this meeting are focused on the diagnosis and management of prostate cancer. Again, this is primarily a meeting for clinicians, but there is usually a core of prostate cancer patients and advocates present.
- The annual meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) will be held in Chicago, IL, on June 3-7. Sections of this meeting are highly focused on advanced prostate cancer in particular, and a significant nucleus of prostate cancer advocates and patients is usually in attendance.